Your daily habits turn into daily rituals. Your rituals either support your fitness and wellness journey or sabotage the desired results.
"The hardest part about getting fit is getting started", says Coach Jen, owner of HIIT & Hustle.
In your bed, you feel safe, you feel warm, you feel comfortable. You feel in control. When your alarm clock goes off in the morning, what is the first thing you do? Do you hit snooze and curl back in. Or do you jump up ready to tackle the days with brute force? This is a physical example; do you exist in your comfort zone with excuses and lack of confidence, or do you live in your growth zone full of purpose and conquering your dreams?
Yet here you are wanting to lose that belly or postpartum weight. Changing that body composition for good. But do your morning rituals support this want?
5 Workout Tips & Tricks
1. Make your workout fit your life.
The best workout plan is the one you will do and do consistently. If you set yourself up for failure you probably will. Don’t make the workouts long and intense in the beginning because more than likely you will quit. Start with 20-30 min a few times a week and progress from there.
2. What’s the best diet to follow? The one you will actually follow. Changing your eating for a healthier lifestyle will require discipline and consistency. Once again don’t do anything extreme, don’t try and go full Keto, or Atkins or carnivore or vegan. Take some baby steps and learn what works best for you along the way.
Drink more water
Eat more protein
Limit the food that you get out of boxes and bags
Track your food. You won’t know what your caloric requirements are more losing or gaining weight if you just randomly eat without keeping track.
3. Sleep! Get a good nights sleep, 7-9 hrs. The misconception is you get stronger in the gym. You get tired and weaker in they gym. You get stronger when you rest and recover. A good night sleep is the most important tool for developing a new exercise use routine and staying consistent. If your always tired guess what the first thing your going to skip that day is? Yep, your new workout. You can’t outwork lack of sleep and a bad diet. So sleep in that dark room, no TV or electronic devices 30-60 min before bed, and go to bed before midnight.
4. Be patient! Good things take time. You didn’t make it where you are in your career overnight and you won’t change your lifestyle overnight. You have to be disciplined and consistent. (See the theme here, consistency. Consistency is what drives results, consistency in all those parameters above.)
5. Last but not least, ask for help. It’s OK to ask for advice from a fitness professional or hire a coach. Fitness coaches can help you find what works best for you. Just because a program or diet worked for your friend doesn’t mean it will work for you. Everyone is different and the good coaches out have seen and experienced a lot. Do they know everything, of course not but they can help. Even the good trainers and coaches get help from other coaches. They still have to research and ask questions. So you should too and don’t be afraid to. It will only help you achieve your goals and learn a lot along the way.
Time to evaluate your current life. Are your daily rituals sabotaging your fitness goals? If so, give these 5 workout tips & tricks a try. We are here to help. Looking for a fitness professional to help with your fitness and health goals contact us.